Wednesday, March 21, 2012

First, An Introduction

Hi all,
In a previous life I was a journalist, but then I moved to Chicago, got married and had a baby.  I've spent the last year adjusting to being a mom and mastering basics such as how to put a diaper on a squirming baby (key: give him something I would never let him have otherwise like a cell phone).  I know, I know, this doesn't exactly make me mother of the year but what can I say, I do what I have to do to survive some days.

All kidding aside, I absolutely love being a parent.  It's the most amazing thing to wake up to a little baby boy cooing in the other room and to walk in and see the biggest smile on his face.  It melts me every time.  But as much as I love being a mommy, I need to do something for myself and this is my way of doing it.

I love all things beautiful (I mean who doesn't?!?).  I love clothes but I've needed to make some changes to adjust to this thing called motherhood.  Sadly, silk is banned from my closet.  Oh how I love the way it feels on, but spit up, soggy Cheerios and spilt milk just don't enhance its beauty.  And those deliciously strappy stilettos, they look so pretty...on other people's feet.  So my new must-haves for this new job are colorful, playful flats and vibrant, glossy lipstick in every possible hue.  These little things make me feel glamorous while I'm changing diapers, walking the dog and being just an everyday mom.

So welcome to Lipstick and Lollies, where you'll see me sharing my love for style and mommying.



1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...