Wednesday, July 11, 2012

camouflaged.

{Dress: Similar | Shirt: Similar}






Could I have picked a better outfit or a better location?  I mean this really was a match made in heaven.  I just happened to pack this dress for our trip to my in-laws and my in-laws have this gorgeous rose garden.  Yes this garden is in their yard! It was perfect.

I actually got this dress when I was in China several years ago.  But I never knew how to wear it.  When I have that problem, I turn to my wardrobe workhorse...my chambray shirt.  Honestly when I have crazy pants, a difficult skirt or just trouble getting dressed, I turn to this shirt.  It goes with everything!

And sorry for the bags under my eyes...sheesh you would think I never got sleep!  Sometimes the light just hits me all wrong.  But I did just spring for some fancy eye concealer from Laura Mercier and I'm hoping it is a miracle worker.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Do you guys have anything you swear by?  I'm really just using you guys for good makeup tips...I'm kidding of course!

Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy.

25 comments:

  1. wow amazing photos!
    that dress is amazing :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so adorable. It is so perfect to wear in a rose garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are beautiful! Loving that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is their yard?! I figured you were at some fancy botanical garden! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is so pretty and I love this look; from the boots to the chambray. I agree this shirt is fabulous and I know I could wear with everything I own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally loving the chambray over a sundress! your photos re stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That look totally works with your background! Thanks for linking up please be sure to grab the badge or link and comment on the main post plus one more :)

    http://transatlanticblonde.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/what-i-wore-wednesday-toddler-holiday.html

    (Also do you know you have captcha turned on your comments? Here is how to turn it off: http://transatlanticblonde.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/i-hate-captcha-aka-1-2-3-tutorial-to.html)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the denim skirt and dress combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your style!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Courtney

    Love2sisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty pretty. I love the cowgirl feel, without looking western. Really a great look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you picked up on that! It definitely had that feel!

      Delete
  11. I. Love. This.
    The denim, the booties, the dress - all of it is PERFECT! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was meant to be!!! Girl, this looks like something from a magazine!!! And I recently have turned to my chambray when all else fails!!! Try Dermablend products for dark circles!!! I LOVE IT!!! You can get it at Ulta!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna have to check that out! You are too, too sweet!

      Delete
  13. That skirt is gorgeous and matches the location perfectly! Loving the booties too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. that dress is gorgeous and goes perfectly with the garden! Isn't chambray the best at playing well with other clothing items?

    Chioma
    www.CsEvolutionofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chambray solves everything! That garden is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THat denim shirt is such a perfect wardrobe staple. Love how you styled it over that great dress... The ankle boots are a perfect final touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So, so cute from head to toe - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dress's print is so ultra-feminine and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, such a gorgeous yard. I wish I lived there!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your booties! The florals! That yard! Love it all - so excited to be following you now :)
    Bri @ Work Clothes, I Suppose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! It really makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...