Monday, January 14, 2013
keep the winter blues at bay: pattern!
Pattern, pattern, pattern...it's another great way to keep your winter wardrobe interesting! Forget about blues, greys, blacks and browns. Put on some pattern. I guarantee you will feel better about the last few months of winter if you are donning one of these numbers!
1) Okay how cool would this star shirt look over a chambray shirt? I mean really! What a super fun layering piece. Starry tee, $48.
2) I adore this top. It would look perfect underneath a red and white striped cardi. Ink print blouse, $51
3) We talked about colored pants last week. What about printed pants? I am definitely more subtle when it comes to prints on pants. I want to be able to get more use (rather than less) out of whatever I invest in. These polka dot ones would be just perfect. Polka dot pants, $69.95.
4) I love this floral pullover. It would be a great transition piece into spring and still get a lot of use this winter. Floral crew sweater, $44.95
5) This striped top would definitely get some attention. Imagine it layered under a cozy sweater with boots for a warm winter look. Stripeplay tee, $52
6) Clearly this list had to have some polka dots on it. Black and white graphics are great layering pieces for bright sweaters and cardis. Dotted tux shirt, $115
7, 8, 9) A great patterned dress. Layer it with a chunky sweater, fun tights and some cute booties or boots. Done and done. Striped dress, $42; batik shift dress, $79; polka dot dress, $59.95.
I guarantee you have some of these pieces in your closet! Now go and have some fun dressing this winter!